Header Ads


Penang floods: Number of evacuees rises to 7,294

GEORGE TOWN: The number of flood victims evacuated to relief centres in Penang has increased to 7,294 people as of noon Tuesday, up from 6,080 people on Tuesday morning.
A police flood operations room spokesman said the victims have been placed at 50 relief centres in four districts in the state.
"A total of 4,032 flood victims are being housed in 22 relief centres in Seberang Perai Utara and 3,163 others in 26 relief centres in Seberang Perai Tengah.
"In Seberang Perai Selatan, four people are still at a relief centre and 21 people in Timur Laut remain at a relief centre as of noon," he said.
The spokesman said water levels in several areas affected by floods had begun to recede and residents were returning home to clean their houses.
The weather in Penang at noon was sunny.
So far the floods in Penang, described as the worst in the state's history, have claimed seven lives.
sponsor by: MAXbet , W88
                                              

No comments

JavaScript