Header Ads


Chong Wei says ‘sorry’ for World Championships loss

PETALING JAYA: Datuk Lee Chong Wei (pic) has apologised to Malaysians for his first-round loss at the World Badminton Championships in Scotland on Tuesday.
"Today I didn't manage to play my best. Sorry for letting you down. Sorry Malaysia,” he said in a Facebook post on Wednesday.
The 34-year-old national shuttler suffered a shock 19-21, 24-22, 17-21 defeat to Brice Leverdez of France in a tense first-round men's singles match at the Emirates Arena in Glasgow.
It was Chong Wei's second loss to Leverdez after going down to the Frenchman at the Denmark Open last year.
Defeat ended Chong Wei's hunt for an elusive first title in a competition in which he has been runner-up three times.
MAIN SPONSOR : Online Casino Malaysia88GASIA

No comments

JavaScript